Pages

Breakfast In Bed

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back in Blighty

This time yesterday I was eating marzipan flavoured ice cream from a little backstreet gelateria in Venice (jealous?). It was the last day of an all-too-brief holiday following on from my Hungarian dental excursion - more about both to follow. We didn't have internet access during the holiday bit, which meant I couldn't blog as I went, but it was actually very relaxing to step away from the laptop and live in the 'real world' for a few days. A tiresome sleazyjet flight got us home late last night, and it was straight back to the office this morning, with the usual mountain of emails awaiting. I've yet to shed that post-holiday chilled feeling though - all I have to do is close my eyes and picture the glistening Adriatic sea and I am right back on that idyllic Croatian coast (sigh). It will probably wear off by the end of the week, but I may as well enjoy the buzz while it lasts. Oh, and in case you were wondering, my new teeth are settling in nicely. I would post photographic evidence, but I despite several attempts, we have been unable to capture a toothy-smiled picture of me in which I don't look like a complete loon. I guess I'm more of a natural pouter.

1 comment:

I don't publish anonymous or obviously self-promotional comments, so please include your name and preferably a link to your site/blog/Twitter profile if you have one.